Getting your offer accepted is not the end of the home buying process. If you’re not careful, that dream home can quickly become a missed opportunity.
Over the years we have seen many buyers make these mistakes after they’ve gone into contract on the homes. But once that contract is in place, you want to avoid these 10 things.
- Do not change jobs, become self-employed, or quit your job.
- Do not buy a new car, van or truck – or you may end up living in it!
- Do not use any credit cards excessively or let your accounts fall behind.
- Do not spend any money that you have set aside for closing.
- Do not omit any debt or liabilities from your loan application.
- Do not buy any furniture or appliances even if the payment is deferred until closing.
- Do not allow any additional inquires on your credit except for insurance purposes.
- Do not make any random large bank deposits or take out any large deposits without first checking with your lender or your agent.
- Do not change bank accounts.
- Do not co-sign on a loan for anyone, not for a car, not for a house, not for anything no matter what and be sure to tell your lender if you have already co-signed for anyone because that debt goes against you and needs to be accounted for when getting approved.
Follow these 10 Commandments of buying and you will make the process that much easier!
Give me a call, I will be sure to give you all the information you will need to stay safe and assure you that we can close on your home once your offer has been accepted!